Freelance Operations Officer
Home-based but with attendance of monthly meetings usually from 6pm to 7:30pm in central London
Payment: This role is paid at an hourly rate and is £10 per hour. The person currently in the post logs his hours over the month and then invoices us for his hours worked. Over the past 7 months he has worked between 1/2 an hour a day – 2 hours on a very busy day. This works out at around 11 – 13 hours in our quieter months of Oct/ Nov/ Dec/ Jan and between 21 – 29 hours in the busy months of Feb/ Mar/ Apr.
Position Reports To: the Director/s of Unseen Tours
Job Purpose Summary: Manage all customer enquiries and maintenance of the company website in this most vital role.
About the organisation:
We are a small volunteer led social enterprise that works with homeless/ formerly homeless individuals coaching them to lead walking tours. Currently we have 4 tours but with plans to extend to 6 by the end of summer. Each tour area has a guide and a coordinator who works with the guide to support them with anything they might need. We also have other volunteers who manage different areas of the day to day business such as social media, PR, corporate outreach and strategy. We are a friendly and supportive team and are looking for a reliable, committed team member who is interested in tackling social issues, especially those about homelessness.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Managing the WordPress website, including updating plugins/ themes, creating new pages for tours and guides/ adding images and widgets as necessary. Liaising with the booking software provider Peek Pro if there are any issues or to integrate the software into a new tour page.
- Responding efficiently and effectively to all customer enquiries.
- Booking tours into the booking software including group bookings and individual bookings
- Liaising with tour guides and their tour coordinators, management and other internal stakeholders as necessary
- Preparing invoices using the accounting software Xero to send to customers
- Preparing monthly payslips from Peek Pro to send to guides and coordinators for checking
- Sending these to the bookkeeper for payment by the 2nd of the month
- Checking the tour phone and responding to voice or text messages as necessary
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Good degree of numeracy skills
- Ability to manage own time and hit deadlines
- Ability to work in a team with a diverse background and range of competencies
- Ability to work independently and take initiative when necessary
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and resiliency is needed.
- Basic web design knowledge including WordPress
- IT skills including web-based email other cloud-based systems
- Microsoft Office including Word, Publisher, Excel
This customer facing role is vital for business continuity and customer relations in the organisation and is usually the first point of contact for many potential customers. Experience in other customer facing roles is a must. The role is strictly on a freelance basis as the organisation is not set up to employ people. So it would only suit someone where this is not their main or only source of income.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your C.V. and a short cover letter outlining your experience tailored to the above key responsibilities and duties.